Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy birthday

My baby girl is one year old today. One year ago we had doctor after doctor give us all the statics as to what our new life would be. Never did I have a doctor say just be patent and stay on God's path and you could have a healthy baby girl just statics. They encouraged very strongly that we not put her on the breathing machine as she would not be a what they would consider a viable baby. Now at the time I was outraged by even the thought that they would say this about my baby. I know realise this is there job they do see things we can never even begin to image. I don't know if it is my simple faith that brought me to my decision. I know the day or night that part is not clear to me after three weeks night and day did not register. When my OB said this is it we can't wait any longer we will do a csection today I had never been so scared but then just as fast as the free came over me it was gone. And I remembered back to the begin of the week when the NICU Doc came in to give me the reasons not to put my baby on the machine and how I took that all in and then when to God in prayer to show me the answer and how a calmness came over me as if God was in the room telling all would be ok.
I would hold my baby. While it was not the day she was born like in all the A Baby Story's I had watched leading up to that day and it was not a week or even two weeks but two months. I knew God would give me that day in his own time not mine.
Sometimes I felt cheated out of a lot of the thing a new mother-to-be gets to experience. Like I never felt her kick inside me but that was changed when I got to do kangaroo time with her. Her tiny feet would dance on my tummy just where she would have been kicking had she been inside me.
In the hospital I would lay my hands across her everyday and ask God to send my faith in him into her and carry me and her. Now I can't tell you scripture all I know is I have faith in our God. And remember from church as a teenager that if you belive he can do something without a bought it can happen. I sometimes would sit by her bed and wonder each day that passed and that list of statics grew less and less why her. This is still ask God to contiune to show me and lead me with. I don't know why her. All I know is God gave her to me and that his plan will unfold as it is suppose to. I kept focused with a lot of different thing. The poem foot prints, a Martina McBride song(In my Daughters Eyes), what friends and family said. A good friend said God dosen't work in statics. All these thing keep me focused on God.
A year ago seems like yesterday. God has brouht us on this journey and he continues to bring us each day with her. As my mom
would say no more no less excatly what we need.
Each family member, friend and all the people I have never even met who have given me words of encouragement and prayers I am so Thankful for and we are blessed to have you in our lives.
A giveaway just dosen't seem like enough to say how truly thankful we are. Some people have giveaways to hit so many follwers or 100th post. Which who know I am close to 100 post maybe I will have another one then but for this one I didn't care how many comments or followers I got I just wanted to truly show you all who just like God never left us this year how truly Thankful we are to each and everyone of you.

22 comments:

LiL Moo & Mee said...

Happy First Birthday Bella!! I'm a preemie mum myself and know how special this day is! I hope you all enjoy every minute of it!

trash talk said...

I don't know the answer to the "whys" either. I don't know why God blessed me with an angel like you, but He did and I am so thankful for that day I held you for the first time. To be allowed the great privilege of being your mother and getting to see you holding your precious baby girl overwhelms me. That He would bless me again with Graycie and Bella humbles me. I praise Him for sending you into the fire and bringing you out safely. My birthday with for Bella is that He continues to watch over Bella and that she grows to be strong and beautiful...just like her mother.
I love you both. Happy birthday my darling baby!
Mom
P.S. I hope you're happy...you made me cry.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Happy happy happy Birthday to sweet Bella!!

amy t said...

i love you very much dear friend. and from the first time i saw her i love bella too. happy birthday to a gorgeous baby girl....

Sue said...

Sometimes when little mircles happen as with little Bella, there are no words to be said. Our faith and hearts are filled with all the unspoken words that need not be said. So, my words today are, "Happy Birthday Bella", and hope you party like a tiny rock star! And by the way, tell your mom to stop making me cry ;0}

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Bella! What a miracle you are!!! You're a very strong girl and so is your devoted mama!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Happy happy birthday to a beautiful little girl!!! Blessings... Daphne

Six in One Hand said...

Isn't God good!!!!

Happy birthday Bella!!!!

Malisa said...

Jenn, you are so blessed! Blessed to have your precious daughter...your husband, parents and family who love you...your blogging family who prays for you and supports you. Today, we celebrate with you!

Happy Birthday, Bella!

Aunt Malisa

Tarnished Rose said...

Happy Birthday Bella. The picture on your grandma's blog of you is just precious.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday immensely and that you got to play in your cake (my son loved to do this).

Smiles~
Marilyn

PS. Your mommy has really gone all out for your, you lucky little girl. :)

The Green Pea said...

Dear Jenn, Rob, and Bella:

Happy Birthday Dear little one...God has truly Blessed you and your family. Oma loves you too! Jenn how thoughtful that you celebrate with all of the angles at the hospital that helped with Bella when she was born. A Happy Happy Day for all of you....sandi

The Green Pea said...

Dear Jenn, Rob, and Bella:

Happy Birthday Dear little one...God has truly Blessed you and your family. Oma loves you too! Jenn how thoughtful that you celebrate with all of the angles at the hospital that helped with Bella when she was born. A Happy Happy Day for all of you....sandi

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Such a happy, happy day to celebrate dearest Bella and your love for her!

maryboys said...

may this be just the first of many, many wonderful birthdays for sweet bella:) warmest thoughts to you and your whole family, jenn!

mary

Debra@CommonGround said...

Fearfully and wonderfully made, sweet Bella, God held you in His hands from the moment you started life. He will hold you for eternity! Hugs and Birthday Blessings to the whole family.
love,
Auntie Debra

Ann said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday little Miss Bella! You are a much loved and very special little girl. May God's love and light continue to surround you.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Happy Birthday Little Bella!
Just one year ago, we were sitting on pins and needles alongside of Grandma...wow what blessings a year has brought us and you too!
You were the center of everyone's prayers to our Lord above...and he answered with a smile!
May God continue to bless you and your wonderful family!!!
Sending Lots of Love and Birthday Smooches to you...

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Baby Bella! Jenn, you are SO very blessed. But so is Baby Bella to have a mom like you and a grandma like Debbie.

janet said...

wow. a sweet lady, stranger really, once said to me: I DON'T KNOW WHY SOME OF US ARE CHOSEN. i think it is such a beautiful way to look at something we might otherwise consider a negative. but to be "chosen" is to be special. and for that, i am glad bella was "chosen".

cinnibonbon said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl

David said...

Hope little Bella had a fabulous birthday!

Funky Finds said...

Hi Jenn, This is Jessica who produced the Funky Finds Spring Fling. I saw your beautiful creations Robelyn was displaying. You must sign up for our newsletter so you'll know about future events. Perhaps you can participate in the next one! Also, you MUST get a Shop @ Funky Finds so you can sell your items without any sales or upload fees. You will get SIX FREE MONTHS when you buy one month for as low as $1.99! Feel free to email me anytime with questions and/or feedback.

Newsletter --> http://funkyfinds.us/funkynews/top.html

Shops @ Funky Finds --> http://funkyfinds.us/theshops/